We are looking for a Licensed Heavy Equipment Technician / Heavy Duty Mechanic / Truck and Transport Mechanic who enjoys working on commercial trucks and is interested in furthering themselves through training and development. The ideal candidate will have a CVIP license as well.
If you are looking for consistent hours, stable work, and opportunities for growth and advancement we would like to hear from you!
The Truck and Transport Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing, repairing or overhauling commercial trucks, buses and trailers to manufacturer specifications, applicable legislation and customer’s request.
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to customer input, test driving, and using diagnostic tools.
- Completing a "Quick-Check" to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.