We require a Utility Truck Mechanic to inspect, maintain and repair the boom, aerial and diggers on utility trucks. A CUFC certification is preferred but equivalent experience may be considered.
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures by visually inspecting, listening to the customer, and using various diagnostic tools. Reports findings to Service Counter Staff or Foreman.
- Completing a "Quick-Check" to determine the need for other unrelated repairs and advising customer of potential future issues.
- Notifying Service Counter Staff of any additional repairs needed.
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting serial number and recording repair story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs
- Training and/or assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Shift Schedule could involve working evenings and/or Saturday as part of a rotation.